Thursday, December 31, 2009

Favorite Songs of 2009

So of all the overplayed radio singles... these are my top 10 of this past year! There were some interesting choices... If this were Dec. of 1999 this would be a whole different kind of list! haha.


Top 10 Favorite Songs of 2009


#10: Poker Face - Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga was Pa pa pa pa poker facing on every other minute through 2009. couldn't get away from it if you wanted to. I think B101 played that shit on the morning commute!


#9: Gives you Hell - All American Rejects

AAR seems to keep strong with making their mark on that one song that lasts through the entire year. Gives You Hell was quite good for like their fourth album.

#8: If You Seek Amy - Britney Spears
I know she had two other char toppers such as Womanizer and Circus... But man, how much did you just want to sing If (F) U (U) Seek (CK) Amy (Me). Or maybe that was just me!

#7: 1,2,3,4 - Plain White T's

I think what makes this song so damn good to me was the moment when Joey was in my car and I was bustin out the lyrics to this beautiful ballad and he looks at me dead faced and says... "Dude, you like the Jonas Brothers?" In which I replied, "fuck no man, this is the Plain White T's." To which he then replied back.... "Thank God, I love this song but didn't want to sound gay singing it!" Thank you Joey... Thank you! HAHA

#6: Waking up in Vegas - Katy Perry

Katy Perry... the best... Kissed a Girl, Hot and Cold... but when Waking Up In Vegas hit the soundwaves... I was all in! Sign me up "Katy Perry Fan Club...!"

#5: I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas

"I got a feeling... that tonight's gonna be a good night... that tonight's gonna be a good good night!" Yeah... try not to smile when this song is on... Nuff Said!

#4: Russian Roulette - Rihanna

Man, Rihanna hit this world like brimstone rain... Shit was all Independence Day Esq. You hear JT dumped Beil to date her... yeah I fucking hate that guy too (I wish I was JT)

#3: Empire State of Mind - Jay Z

"Concrete Jungle where dreams are made of..." Couldn't not play this song while I was driving. Then the Fuckin Yanks had to go and ruin the whole vibe beating down the Phils in that thing for baseball causing me to burn my copy of this album and forfeiting my fandom for anything NY related!

#2: Single Ladies - Beyonce
1 Phrase says it all... "... if you liked it than you should have put a ring on it!" That YouTube video of the little girl performing every move to this video played no part in this decision of #2 despite how damn adorable it was. But the SNL skit with JT may have!

#1: Boom Boom Pow - Black Eyed Peas
What can I say about the Black Eyed Peas that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan... It's burned down and depleted. Wait... No, scratch that... They're the opposite of that. BEP just simply produce HITS! They are like me and you in that they put their pants on one leg at a time, except when they are dressed they make gold records!

No comments: